The blog that follows is an extract of a whitepaper titled “Life After QuickBooks” produced by Sage Intacct.
For many small and mid-sized businesses, Intuit QuickBooks is the preferred choice for financial software in the organization’s early days—and for solid reasons. QuickBooks is well-known and easy to use, and it offers the basic functionality that almost any business can use to get off the ground.
In this post, we’ll discuss the New Wave of Financial Management Technology.
Say Goodbye to Expensive, Old-School Options
Previously, when a company outgrew QuickBooks, the options weren’t appealing. Purchasing,installing, and running traditional mid-market financial software, such as Microsoft Dynamics, as a
huge investment and a risky proposition. It meant buying servers and databases, hiring IT specialists to customize and maintain the software, and making an ongoing multiyear commitment to an expensive infrastructure. That meant hundreds of thousands of dollars were at risk—a proposition that few companies relished.
And those barriers often led many QuickBooks sites to simply put up with its limitations much longer than they should.
But cloud computing changed everything.
A new generation of cloud-based financial software has entirely changed the dynamics of graduating from QuickBooks. With cloud-based software, your vendor assumes all of the information technology cost and risk. All you need is a web browser and an Internet connection—no technology, servers,software, or IT staff. Cloud computing takes the cost and risk out of graduating from QuickBooks and provides numerous advantages that are essential as your business grows.
Anytime, Anywhere Business Visibility
- Real-Time Data and Processes—Your users (inside or outside the organization) get secure “anytime,anywhere” access to your data and processes.
- Flexible Reporting—With a built-in multidimensional architecture, cloud-based finance delivers accurate and timely reports with relevant insights into data.
- Role-Based Dashboards—You can get real-time global and local visibility into the state of your business—and serve that up to the right stakeholders at the right time.
- Accounting Automation—Comprehensive automation simplifies core accounting processes such as accounts receivables and payables.
- Extensive Integration—You can tie into leading applications to easily and cost-effectively assemble an interoperable system of best-in-class applications.
- User-Defined Workflows—Automate, control, and streamline processes to optimize processes throughout the organization.
- Scalable Architecture Grows—As your business grows, you can increase the transaction
volume and easily add new entities.
- Multi-Ledger System—The cloud delivers scalability and control for high-volume,
- Internal Controls—Robust financial controls ensure compliance and auditability.